Recently, I was on the Impruvism radio show with Armi Legge, a competitive triathlete and health blogger. Armi has done a nice job assembling a scientific advisory board for his website, which sets him apart from many others. We discussed various ways that sleep affects weight regulation, including a discussion on:
- How sleep loss influences hormones related to energy regulation, like leptin and ghrelin.
- How sleep and sleep loss influences aspects of cognition, like information processing, memory, mood, and decision making.
- Things to try to do across a 24 hour period in order to get good sleep at night, like our concept of “smart light rhythms” and actionable sleep steps.
2013.07.12 – Impruvism Podcast with Dan Pardi – How to lose fat by getting better sleep by Dansplan on Mixcloud
Last Friday, I was on a radio show with Amy Myers, MD and John Rosania. Amy and I meet at PaleoFX conference in Austin last March. We had a chance to talk sleep and she thought it would be interesting for her listeners to move our conversation to her radio show.
Among other things, we talked about:
- Regularly used sleep aids: Melatonin, 5-HTP, and magnesium.
- Standard and novel sleep drugs, and the different mechanism of action these drugs use to enhance sleep.
- How light effects circadian rhythms and ways you can use smart light exposure to synchronize biological clocks.
- The Dan’s Plan concept of a Restorative Sleeper, which is the frameworks and tools we developed to help you get great sleep night after night.
2013.06.24 – Podcast with Dr. Amy Myers and Dan Pardi – How to get great sleep by Dansplan on Mixcloud
You can now bookmark a Dan’s Plan app icon on your mobile devices!
Saving the Icon To Your Mobile Desktop
Saving the icon to your mobile desktop is easy. Just visit www.Dansplan.com from your phone or tablet. When you do, a bubble will appear at the bottom to prompt you to save the icon. When you log in, check the box that says “Remember Me.” Now, when you click on the icon bookmark, it takes you to your Dashboard without needing to log in.
How I Use It
I have this icon on my first screen for both my iphone and my ipad. Seeing the icon serves as atrigger to remind me to check the daily InTUNE training workout each morning. It’s one of the first things I do when I wake up. Then, it’s easy to keep the daily workout top-of-mind across the day.
As the day progresses, I look for opportunities to burst of activity here and there. Personally, my goal is to do at least 5 sets a day, but I aim for 10. As I do exercise, I click on the icon to change my totals in the Exercise Tracker as the day progresses.
Hope you find it useful like I do.
All my best,
Try it now – visit www.dansplan.com from you mobile device!