Recently, I did another interview with Carl Lanore at Superhuman Radio.
2013.09.19 – Dan Pardi on Superhuman Radio show with Carl Lanore by Dansplan on Mixcloud
Carl and I had a chance to catch up at the Ancestral Health Symposium in Atlanta last August. He and his crew were nice enough to attend my talk on sleep and afterwards we scheduled this interview to discuss:
- Adenosine: how it accumulates in the basal forebrain proportional to length of wakefulness and how coffee blocks adenosine’s sleep inducing action by blocking it at its receptor.
- Light: how light of insufficient intensity during the day, and full spectrum (blue light, in particular) can delay our circadian rhythms causing both physiological and behavior issues.
- Modern sleep – as a society, why are we getting 20% less sleep than we were 50 years ago.
- A 2-process model controlling sleep and wakefulness
- The Dan’s Plan Ideal Weight Program (2.0 is live now. Expect a blog post on this soon).
Thanks Carl! I always enjoy our talks. Enjoy the show, everyone.
I recently did a video interview talking sleep with Ameer Rosic. Check it out above!
Back in May of this year, Dr. Lauren Noel and I sat on a sleep and circadian rhythm panel at Paleo FX in Austin. After the conference, she invited me to be on her radio show and last week we sat down for a chat about sleep. I really enjoyed her interview style and we covered some excellent topics, including:
1. How sleep and wake are regulated
2. How light entering through the eye effects biological rhythms throughout the body.
4. How sleep effects cognition, mood and memory.
5. The Dan’s Plan approach to living as a “Restorative Sleeper”
Thanks for having me on the show, Dr. Lo!
2013.07.16 – Dan Pardi Interviewed by Dr. Lauren Noel Talking Sleep by Dansplan on Mixcloud